Tuesday, September 16, 2008

First Day of School

Well, the day has come for Addison to start preschool. Wow! Where have the last 2 years gone? She and I both started school at First Baptist Church Preschool (me teaching, her playing) 2 weeks ago. Addison loves it! (I'm waiting a couple more weeks to give my verdict...I'm hoping and praying my kids stop crying by then. Ugh!) Addison especially loves her teacher, Ms. Kathy. On the first day Ms. Kathy told me that she had to completely turn her back on Addison during naptime because Adddison wanted to talk to her anytime she could catch her eye. That's my girl, the talker. At the end of the first day, as we were leaving, Addison walked up to Ms. Kathy, stopped in front of her, and said, "It's me!" As if to say, "Here I am, didn't you miss me?" We both got a good laugh out of that. We only go two days a week, but I sure do miss Addison on those days. I know this is the best thing for her, and I really can't complain since I'm also teaching a 2 year old class and get to see her regularly throughout the day.

Before leaving for the first day of school. She was so proud of her lunchbox.




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jenny M. said...

Too cute! Who wants to nap when there's stuff to talk about!? She cracks me up!!

How perfect that you both get to be there!

Cherie Baker Vann said...

oh my word, she is too cute. I can't stand it.