Wednesday, July 01, 2009

3 Weeks Old Today!

Macie Kate had her check-up today. She's doing great! She weighed 8 pounds (50th percentile), which is up a whole pound from her last check-up when she was 5 days old. And she's 20 1/4 inches long (50th percentile), which is up 1/2 inch from her last appointment. She's becoming more and more alert every day. She eats all the time and is sleeping really well at night.

Addison is still doing really well with her. Yesterday morning Macie Kate was crying while I was changing her diaper. Addison came over and started singing "Jesus Loves Me" to her, and she stopped crying immediately and just stared at her big sister. It was so sweet! Addison loves kissing and hugging on her and is learning to be gentle with her. I can't wait to see the relationship between these two develop.

On Sunday I put Macie Kate on her tummy for a little tummy time, walked into the kitchen for just a second, and came back to find her on her back. I couldn't believe it! Of course she hasn't rolled over again for anyone to see. I guess she just hated tummy time that much!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amy said...

So fun! I can't wait to meet her and watch Addison and Evan play!

Tony and Lindsay said...

She is beautiful!! :)
Lindsay Slate