Addison's First Surgery
Addison had her first surgery today. She had a frenulectomy - because she was tongue-tied. It was a pretty simple procedure where they used a laser to cut the frenulum. We were there for about 4 hours, but the procedure only took 10 minutes. One of the hardest things I've ever had to do was hand her off to the nurse to take her back to the operating room. Luckily we were back in the recovery room with her less than 30 minutes later. Since the surgery she has learned that she can now stick her tongue out, so she has had fun practicing that.
Here she is in the recovery room after the surgery.
As soon as she woke up I was able to feed her so we could take her home. She woke up from her surgery smiling, so we were relieved that she wasn't in too much pain.

1 comment:
Oh Wow! So great that her tongue is all better. :-) I've heard tongue-tie can make for some painful nursing. Yikes!
Post a Comment