Wednesday, July 18, 2007

11 Months Old

Addison is 11 months old today! I can't believe our little girl is going to be a year old in a month! This time last year Kacey and I had so many questions spinning through our minds...What will she look like? Will we be good parents? Will she be healthy? What will her personality be like? How will it feel to be parents? Well, over the past 11 months we've gotten the answers to all of those questions and then some. I think we can all agree she looks like her daddy. People who don't even know Kacey will say to me, "She must look like her dad." As for her personality, she has quite a sense of humor for a 11 month old. She laughs and smiles all day long. And if she's doing something that makes us laugh, she will keep doing it just to get that reaction from us. She still scrunches up her nose and lets out a fake cough. For some reason she loves to sneeze. After her sneezes she lets out a little chuckle like she really enjoyed it. Every morning she waves "Bye Bye" to the Buzz (that's a yellow jacket for all of you non-Georgia folks) on her mobile and Puppy (the dog she sleeps with). As we leave church she will wave "Bye Bye" to everyone in the nursery and parking lot. She even waves from her carseat as we drive out of the parking lot. She HATES getting her diaper changed or changing clothes and will try to escape as quick as possible. The other day she made a "naked escape" and crawled away from me as fast as she could - giggling the whole way. When she got to her tent with a gate on the front she went over the gate and got stuck with her little naked bottom in the air. She really thought that was hilarious! I don't think Kacey or I have ever laughed so hard! She loves to be chased! And she loves to climb on anything and anyone. She pulls up on everything and sometimes forgets that she can't walk yet. Each time she falls she just gets right back up and tries again. If Kacey or I have been gone for awhile she will crawl over to us and pull up on our legs and want to be held. I love that because the times when she wants to be held are few and far between these days! She's a girl on the go! As for the question about how it feels to be a parent...there's nothing like it! Addison is such a joy. I know I say this every month, but Kacey and I are truly blessed and thank God every day for our beautiful little girl!




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Amy said...

She looks like so much fun. Sad that we are so far away to have our's play together, we will get to Houston soon I hope. By the way, Evan laughs/giggles when he sneezes too, it's so funny. He cracks himself up all the time. They would be quite the pair together I think.