Thursday, October 16, 2008

A first...

For awhile now Addison has watched a few minutes here or there of Sesame Street, but has never been interested enough to sit down long enough to watch an entire show of anything. We purposely haven't sat her down in front of the tv to watch a movie or cartoon because we'd much rather her be reading a book (that's the Reading teacher in me, I guess). So, yesterday I turned on Sesame Street while I finished getting ready to leave for the gym. After several minutes of quiet - which usually means she's found something she's not supposed to have - I walked into the living room to find her sitting in her daddy's chair mesmerized by what was on the tv. She didn't even acknowledge my presence.



Later that morning, as we were leaving Walmart, it started pouring down rain. Addison loved that we had to run through the parking lot in the rain. When we got in the car she was talking non-stop about the rain and saw it washing down the windshield. She said, "Raining - kind of like a carwash." (She loves going through the carwash and will ask to go through anytime we head in that direction.) I was impressed that she made that comparison.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: