Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Fun Weekend

This weekend my childhood friend, Karla, came to visit to help celebrate my birthday. Karla and I have been the best of friends since we were in the church nursery together. She's leaving for Venezuela in August to be a missionary there. This is what she's worked for and dreamed of most of her life. I'm so excited for this new chapter in her life...but I'm going to miss her terribly. I know God has big plans for her, and that He will use her to minister to the people of Venezuela. Addison LOVES Karla and asked for her anytime she left the room. Poor Karla didn't get much privacy while she was here. Addison has asked for Karla several times since she left. We all miss you, Karla!


On Friday night we all went out to dinner with Cassidy, Cami, Robert, Terri, and Steve. We had a great dinner, and I loved getting to celebrate my birthday with my aunts and uncles for the first time in many, many years! Addison and Cassidy love to give hugs and kisses!


Addison thoroughly enjoyed my piece of chocolate birthday cake, as you can see from her chocolate-covered face.


After dinner we went to the girls' favorite spot...Bass Pro Shop. It looks like Addison is very excited about the fish and telling Cassidy all about it.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Amanda Bindel said...

Happy Birthday, Tami! And, as always, it's good to "see" Karla. :-)

Jenny M. said...

Happy Belated Birthday Tams! And Happy Mama's Day. I really think we have the best jobs in the world!

Good to see pics of "Klara". I have such good memories of Tourin' the Texans :-)

That little girl of yours is soooo adorable, I'm just in awe everyday of how blessed we are! xox

Karla said...

This is precious! Thanks for the sweet things you said...I miss y'all too! Great to hear from Jenny and Ha-Manda too! :)