Friday, March 19, 2010

Saying Farewell to Cedar Lane

Back in February we gathered in Cedar Lane for one final day of fun before Mom and Dad sold the ranch. Thankfully the weather cooperated, and we all enjoyed roasting hot dogs and s'mores by the campfire, riding the four wheelers through the pasture, running on top of the hay bales, driving through the pasture to see the cows, and finding more "treasures" from the house. It was the perfect way to spend a day at a ranch that has provided us all with so many fond memories. I'll never forget how excited I would get when it was time to work cows because I knew I'd probably get to ride my uncle Roy's horse, sit on the fence posts and watch the cowboys work, and eat Gammy's beans and cornbread at the end of the day. The ranch hasn't been the same for many years since Gammy and Papa Jo have been gone, but it will always be a very special place to me. I'm just glad Addison got to make some fun memories there with her grandparents, aunt and uncle and cousins.

Group Pic...


Addison loved pretending to drive the tractor...


Addison and Papa took a ride through the pasture to see Oreo and the other cows...


I got to enjoy a ride through the pasture on the four wheeler for the first time in over 4 years. I've been too nervous to really ride it since my infamous crash when I was pregnant with Addison. Here I am visiting the crash site...

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss my little green tractor.