Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl!

Our sweet girl turned 2 yesterday! I can't believe I have a two year old daughter! Time sure flies when you're having fun. I think Kacey would agree that the past two years have been an absolute blast getting to know our little girl and watching her grow. We are so thankful that God has blessed us with such a smart, healthy, fun little girl. She has taught us more about the love our heavenly Father has for us than we ever could imagine.
Addison has become very independent in the past few months, and "Addison do it" or "Myself" is heard around the house on a regular basis. She has also started to develop an opinion about what she wears...mainly concerning her shoes. For example, this morning she decided she wanted to wear her nice white church shoes to the gym. When I suggested she wear her sandals or crocs she let me know that was not an acceptable option. It was just one battle I didn't feel like fighting.

She still loves to read and can entertain us all by giving her rendition of each of her books. She is incredibly vocal and has quite a vocabulary for a 2 year old. I'm amazed every day at what she can say. Just the other day I was getting onto someone who had cut me off in traffic, when I heard "Goodness gracious, Mama" coming from the backseat. Oops.

She is constantly amazing us with things she knows. Several weeks ago she and I were looking at a map with a picture of the state of Texas. I pointed out the shape and told her it was Texas, but we haven't talked about it since. On Saturday she was walking with my mom and saw the state on a license plate and quickly pointed to it and said, "Texas." I couldn't believe she remembered that! About a month ago Kacey asked her where she lived and she quickly responded "Walmart." When we tried to get her to say "Boerne" she simply responded "Boerne Walmart." That has become her standard answer to that question.

Addison loves to laugh and has quite a sense of humor for a toddler. She lets out a deep belly laugh and says, "Funny" at just about anything. The other day when she saw my mom with curlers in her hair she started calling her "Nama Funnyhead." She is always making faces or funny sounds to Kacey or I to try to make us laugh. If she gets a laugh out of us she will continue doing the same thing to get more laughs.

We've recently seen Addison's nurturing side come out as she takes care of her baby dolls and stuffed animals offering them her snacks and juice. She's still such a sweet girl with a tender heart. She loves to give hugs and kisses to people and stuffed animals alike. She also doesn't like to see people sad or hurt. Just this morning when I picked her up from the gym, the lady in the child watch area told me how sweet she had been to a little boy who was crying for his mom. Addison was bringing him different toys and books to try to console him.

I can't even tell you how much laughter and joy this little girl has brought into our lives. And not just Kacey and I, but all of those who know and love her. Happy Birthday, Addison! We love you very much!

So happy about her new baby doll...


Opening a present from Aunt Kendall, Uncle Scott, Griffin and Molly...


Fun with stickers at dinner...


Getting a little help from Daddy blowing out the candles...

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jenny M. said...

Happy Belated Birthday Addison! I can't believe she's 2. I'm planning Olivia's 1st...so crazy!

She is so adorable!