Paci Broken
Sunday marked a turning point in the Wells household...we got rid of paci!!! In the last few months Addison has grown more and more attached to her paci. We decided that she needed to get rid of paci before she starts school next month. So before her nap on Sunday I cut the tip off of her only remaining paci. When I gave it to her she put it in her mouth and immediately took it out, looked at it, and started crying. I told her that her paci was broken, to which she replied "Fix it!" After a few minutes of crying we got her up and tried to explain to her that her paci was broken and needed to go in the trash. Reluctantly she took all 3 of her "broken" pacis and put them each in the trash can. That afternoon she only slept an hour. That night she cried for just over an hour before finally falling asleep. It was a LOOOONG hour for me as she cried "Mama" and "Mommy" over and over. Last night and tonight she cried for about 20 minutes. Today at naptime she didn't cry at all. Instead she talked to Puppy and herself for about an hour before falling asleep. She still says "Paci broken" every night before we put her in bed. Everything I read and everyone I talked to said I have to give it 3 nights. Tonight is the 3rd night, and I can definitely say we're making progress!
Look at that pitiful face...
Look at that pitiful face...


No comments:
Post a Comment